How many servers uses Google as well as large corporations, including dedicated hosting servers?
A data center includes computers and telecommunications. The center must have the following parts:
- Servers. Computers with fast and secure storage.
- Telecommunications connected to Internet, including routers and switches.
- Air conditioning.
- Generator for rescue power.
- System of fire prevention.
- Extinguishing fire based on different processes to remove oxygen without damage to equipment.
- Ventilation, including a raised floor for air circulation.
- Safeguards against intruders, based on surveillance cameras.
All kinds of large firms may have such a facility, all do not deliver the numbers, some can only be estimated.
Not surprisingly, Google reaches the top of the list. To answer to requests from hundreds of millions of users, put up lot of centers throughout the world.
The exact number of server is not notified, but we know that Google has established an infrastructure for 1 000 000 servers. Some estimate the number up to 2000000 on the basis of surface of its datacenters. The number of servers was 450 000 in 2006.
Google has in 2013 from external sources 36 datacenters of known localization, implemented primarily in the United States and Europe. In 2013 there are 19 major data centers in the USA. Google's site gives lower numbers, for example it offers 19 places to visit in the world..
With each new construction, the company strives to improve the environmental quality of the installation:
Google explains how it works to reduce energy consumption in its datacenters, as they are specially designed to use far less energy than typical centers.
" In the time it takes to do a Google search, your own personal computer will use more energy than we will use to answer your query "